These crunchy, deliciously salty Crispy Kale Chips have just three ingredients and they're such a satisfying snack!
- 4 large stalks of curly kale, stems removed [do not use lacinato or dino kale]
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- optional: Vegan Sour Cream Sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse and dry your kale really well. If your kale is not dried well then it will steam instead of crisp up.
- Tear kale leaves into pieces that are about the size of the palm of your hand. Place on a bare half sheet baking sheet and add oil. Use your hands to rub/massage the oil into the kale leaves (all crevices especially the curly ends) so they are all evenly coated in the oil.
- Spread the kale pieces into one even layer. They should not overlap or they will steam instead of crispy up in the oven. Cook the kale chips in two batches if your baking sheet cannot accommodate all the kale.
- Sprinkle the kale pieces evenly with salt. You want to disperse the salt evenly so you don't get a clump of salt in any one bite. I love my kale chips extra salty so I tend to use 1/4 teaspoon of salt but go lighter if you like.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes until crispy but not brown or black. They should still have a deep green hue to them after cooked.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and allow the kale chips to rest on the baking sheet. They will continue to crisp up here as they cool off. Then enjoy immediately.
- Store leftovers at room temperature (do not refrigerate or they will wilt and lose their crispiness). You can store them in an open container to stay crispy. They are best when fresh.
- I love to eat them plain or serve them with my vegan sour cream as a dip.
Save your kale stems for soups or smoothies.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
Keywords: best crispy kale chips