Perfectly roasted cauliflower gets topped with a simple spice blend for this incredibly flavorful BBQ Roasted Cauliflower!
- head cauliflower, washed and dried thoroughly, core and stem removed, cut into small and evenly-sized florets
- extra virgin olive oil, divided ( for coating the bottom of the baking sheet and for tossing with the cauliflower)
- 3 teaspoons maple sugar (or sub coconut sugar)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a half sheet baking sheet or two 12-inch cast iron skillets with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower on the baking sheet and toss well with olive oil using two spoons. I like to use a silicone brush to make sure the olive oil covers all the nooks and crannies of the cauliflower florets.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets in one even layer cut side down. Make sure the florets are not touching. Use two pans if needed.
- Roast in the middle rack of your oven for 30 minutes flipping florets 180 degrees halfway through.
- While the cauliflower roasts, add all the spices to a small bowl and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- Immediately after roasting sprinkle the BBQ spice mixture overtop the roasted cauliflower. Toss well and make sure the spice mixture is distributed evenly. Serve immediately.
- I love to serve this dish over brown rice or quinoa with my crispy BBQ roasted chickpeas.
- Allow any leftovers to fully cool to room temperature before storing or they will steam and get overcooked in your storage container. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to four days. Reheat leftovers in the oven at a high temperature for a brief period of time so they don’t get mushy on the inside.
- Category: Side
- Method: Oven
Keywords: crispy BBQ roasted cauliflower