A cleansing, refreshing and very green juice to hydrate you through these hot summer months. Loaded with vegetables and sweetened with apples, this feel-good recipe will be your new favorite beverage. You can mix up the ingredients to suit what you have on hand. I just use whatever leftover vegetables I have in my fridge that I don’t need. You can add herbs, kale or ginger.
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley (you can use the stems)
- 6 stalks of celery chopped into 2 inch pieces (you can use the leaves)
- 1/2 large English cucumber (skin on)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, core and stem removed
- 2 large juicy lemons
- Additional ideas: kale (with stems), mint, cilantro, lime juice or ginger.
- In a high speed blender, add the filtered water, parsley, celery, cucumber and apples. Blend on high speed for about 45 seconds or until completely smooth with no chunks remaining. You can enjoy like this or strain through a nut milk bag to remove the pulp (I prefer to do this).
- Pour the mixture into the nut milk bag while the nut milk bag is over a large mixing bowl with a pour spout. Squeeze the nut milk bag until all the juice is in the bowl and only the pulp remains in the bag. Immediately invert your nut milk bag to rinse it off in the sink.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice from the 2 lemons using a lemon squeezer or your hands. Stir.
- Pour the mixture over 2-3 cups filled with a lot of ice cubes. Stir with your straw to ensure it is well chilled and enjoy immediately. This juice is not pasteurized so I recommend enjoying immediately. I have never stored this and enjoyed later and I do not recommend doing so.
You can top your juice with sparkling water for some fun fizz if desired.
- Category: Beverage