This quick and easy homemade frosting is perfectly spreadable and totally decadent. Unlike store-bought icing, it has zero artificial colors or flavors and zero high fructose corn syrup. It is 100% vegan and allergy-friendly too. It is perfect for decorating holiday cut-out sugar cookies or topping cakes!
- ¼ cup soy-free, vegan butter (softened not melted)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic, all natural powdered sugar
- Splash of non-dairy milk (I used 1 teaspoon of almond milk)
- Beat softened butter with a hand mixer on low speed until light and fluffy. Then add vanilla and beat again on low speed.
- Add powdered sugar ½ cup at a time and continue mixing until creamy. You may want to increase the speed slightly.
- Drizzle in a little non-dairy milk if clumpy. I used 1 teaspoon of unsweetened vanilla almond milk but any plant-based milk will work. Mix until smooth and creamy. Use immediately or see storage information below.
Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to one week. If using straight from the refrigerator, allow to warm to room temperature before spreading.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dessert