This healthy Vegan Tzatziki Potato Salad recipe is full of fresh flavor and has the creamiest texture without any mayo! The Mediterranean flavors pair wonderfully with the buttery soft potatoes and crunchy onions. You won't miss the mayonnaise at all in this easy side dish.
- 3 pounds Yukon potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and chopped into small bite-sized chunks (~ 1/2 inch cubes)
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced (optional)
Vegan Tzatziki Sauce for Potato Salad
- To cook the potatoes in your Instant Pot, place in the steamer basket with 2 cups of water. Cover with the lid making sure the valve is set to "sealed." Cook on manual high pressure for 3 minutes. When done press off and manually release the pressure. To cook the potatoes on your stove top, place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, about 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, prepare the Vegan Tzatziki Sauce. Add pre-soaked and drained cashews to a high speed blender along with the water, vinegar, maple syrup, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Do not add the fresh dill at this time. Blend on high speed to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Now add the dill and pulse 4 times to incorporate the dill.
- Once the potatoes have cooked and fully cooled, add the vegan tzatziki sauce and toss gently. Gently stir in the green onions and red onions. Season with more salt, pepper and fresh dill to taste.
- Chill for an hour or two and then enjoy. Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to four days.
*Soak the cashews in boiling water for 30 minutes prior to blending. Before blending drain and rinse. Learn more about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop or Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Vegan Tzatziki Potato Salad