This recipe for Vegan Turmeric Eggnog has all of the nostalgic flavor of traditional eggnog without refined sugar! It's filled with warmth from cinnamon, nutmeg, and turmeric and sweetened with Medjool dates. It's also a creamy nog thanks to a coconut milk-cashew base. You can add a splash of liquor for an adult beverage or keep it family friendly; both options are delicious!
- 1, 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1.5 cups filtered water
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 8 hours, drained and rinsed well. Learn more about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post.
- 10 soft pitted Medjool dates
- 1.5 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pinches of fine salt
- 2 cups ice (at the end)
- 5 ounces whisky, rum or bourbon
- homemade coconut whipped cream
- dusting of ground cinnamon, nutmeg or turmeric
- Place coconut milk, water, cashews, dates, turmeric, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a high speed blender and blend on the highest speed until completely smooth.
- Add ice and blend briefly until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors as needed.
- Add more ice to make it colder or chill the eggnog in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving. It will thicken slightly as it chills so you may want to re-blend after refrigerating. You may also want to add more water after chilling if it is too thick.
- Add 1 ounce of whisky, rum or bourbon per cup/serving if desired. Garnish with whipped cream and a dusting of spices if desired. Serve cold. Cheers!
You can also serve this warm, room temperature or hot if desired. Cold is my preferred way.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
Keywords: vegan eggnog