For the salted caramel smoothie:
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 3/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup raw blanched slivered almonds
- 1 scoop Sprouts salted caramel vegan protein powder*
- 4 large soft pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Coconut whipped cream
- Homemade Date Caramel Drizzle
- Add almond milk, frozen cauliflower, almonds, protein powder, dates, vanilla and chia seeds (if using) to a high speed blender. Blend from low to the highest speed gradually and leave on the highest speed for at least 30 seconds until the smoothie is perfectly creamy. Use your blender‘s tamper/plunger if needed.
- Add one cup of ice and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the second cup of ice and blend again until smooth and creamy.
- Immediately pour into two to three glasses and garnish with coconut whipped cream and Homemade Date Caramel Drizzle. Enjoy immediately with a spoon or straw.
* If you do not have this particular protein powder, you can add 1 tablespoon of my homemade vegan caramel sauce, 1 tablespoon raw, creamy almond butter and 1 tablespoon hemp seeds. This achieves a very similar flavor. You can even blend in more of the caramel sauce for a stronger caramel flavor if desired (even if you do have the protein powder!).
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
Keywords: vegan caramel smoothie