These healthier fudge pops are easy to make and loaded with decadent chocolate flavor. They are dairy-free and gluten-free so they work for most diets. The chocolate drizzle/shell sprinkled with crushed hazelnuts is entirely optional but adds a nice crunch against the creamy fudge pop. This sweet treat can be made in your blender in less than 5 minutes.
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk or hazelnut milk
- 3/4 cups vegan refined sugar-free dark chocolate gems, melted [use code ELAINE for 15% off your order]
- 1/4 cup vegan refined sugar-free chocolate hazelnut butter
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds (not sliced or whole almonds)
- 4 soft Medjool dates, pitted*
- 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- pinch of fine salt
- Optional Toppings: crushed hazelnuts and drizzle of melted dark chocolate**
- Add milk, melted chocolate chips, chocolate hazelnut butter, slivered almonds, Medjool dates, vanilla and salt to a high-speed blender.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until mixture is completely smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed or use your blender's tamper/plunger.
- Pour into 6 popsicle molds (mine hold 3.2 ounces each - this recipe fills them perfectly).
- Freeze for 8 hours.
- Once the pops are frozen, remove the pop and individual mold from the base. Run the mold under warm water. Release from the mold and enjoy immediately or add optional toppings** and then enjoy.
* If your dates are dry, soak them in boiling water for a couple minutes, then drain before adding to blender.
** For optional toppings I grind the hazelnuts until there are small bits (15-20 pulses in my mini food processor). I melt 1/4 cup vegan refined sugar-free dark chocolate chips + 1 teaspoon coconut oil in the microwave for 2 minutes. You can also do this on a double boiler on the stovetop. Stir and drizzle with a small spoon or fork and drizzle overtop the frozen popsicles. I then sprinkle the ground hazelnuts over the popsicles so that they stick to the drizzled chocolate.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender + Freezer
Keywords: Nutella Fudesicle