These homemade candies are rich, chocolatey and 100% delicious! Just one is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. They are simple and quick to make and are the perfect fun treat to have on hand this spring.
- For the chocolate shell:
- 1 cup mini vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- For the filling:
- 1/3 cup unsweetened, unsalted sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice crisp cereal (optional)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- In a glass bowl stir together the chocolate chips and avocado oil until the chips are fully coated. Microwave on high for 2.5 minutes. Stir with a mini spatula until no chip chunks remain.
- Place a small amount of the melted chocolate in each of the six cavities of your silicone egg mold. Use your finger to lightly spread the chocolate so that the egg shape is fully coated with a thin layer of chocolate. Place the mold in your freezer to allow the chocolate to set for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium glass bowl, use a spoon to stir together the sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Add brown rice crisps if using and stir in well. Once combined, remove the mold from the freezer and fill each egg cavity with the filling. Allow a very small amount of room on the sides of the mold as well as on top for more melted chocolate. Carefully spoon the melted chocolate over the filling until each egg cavity is perfectly full. Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes to allow the eggs to set. You can leave in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy. Pop each egg out of the mold before enjoying.
If the molds have been in the freezer for over an hour, remove for a couple minutes before enjoying. This ensures the chocolate shell won’t be too hard when you bite into it.
Don’t leave the eggs out in room temperature for too long or the chocolate will begin to soften too much.