This bright and vibrant Vegan Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is full of flavor and incredibly satisfying. It is bursting with fresh vegetables and makes the perfect plant-based meal or side dish for picnics or outdoor gatherings. It's got fresh parsley, Kalamata olives, vegan feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber, green onions and red onion mixed with fluffy white quinoa. The simple lemon garlic dressing is light and pairs perfectly with this summery salad.
- 4 cups cooked quinoa [1 cup dry quinoa] (use my stovetop or Instant Pot method)*
- 1 cup diced red onions (from about 1/2 large red onion)
- 1 1/4 cup diced English cucumber
- 1 cup diced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup halved Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup vegan feta cheese, diced (Violife is my favorite brand)
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 bell pepper (orange, yellow or red), diced
- 1/2 cup packed chopped fresh parsley
Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 large garlic clove, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the cooked quinoa (chilled or room temperature not hot), red onions, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, feta, green onions and parsley. Set aside.
- In a small glass bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until well combined. Pour the dressing on top of the quinoa salad and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Lunch or Side
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Mediterranean Quinoa Salad