A plant-based smoothie that literally tastes like vanilla birthday cake. I snuck in one cup of cauliflower and you wouldn’t even know it. My girls didn’t suspect a thing and fought over each sip.
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder OR 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tablespoon slivered almonds (omit if nut-free, it adds creaminess)
- 1 cup riced frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup ice (or 2 cups total for a frostier/thicker smoothie – I use 2 cups)
- Optional smoothie boosters to go in the smoothie: 1 tablespoon hemp seeds and/or 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Optional garnish: dairy-free whipped cream (I use Soyatoo Rice Whip from MOM’s or Whole Foods) and dye-free vegan sprinkles from Whole Foods
- Add a birthday candle on top too for fun!
- Place dates, vanilla, oats, almonds, cauliflower and almond milk to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add hemp seeds and chia seeds if using. Place 1 cup of ice in the blender and blend again until smooth and creamy. For a thicker and frostier smoothie, add a second cup of ice (I do) and blend again until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkles. Add a birthday candle on top if desired. Enjoy with a straw or spoon.
- Category: Dessert/Smoothie