A plant-based smoothie that literally tastes like vanilla birthday cake. I snuck in one cup of cauliflower and you wouldn't even know it. My girls didn't suspect a thing and fought over each sip.
- 3-4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free oats
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds (omit if nut-free, it adds creaminess)
- 1 cup plain riced frozen cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 cups ice cubes
Optional smoothie boosters to go in the smoothie:
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Optional garnish ideas:
- Place dates, vanilla, oats, almonds, cauliflower and almond milk to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add hemp seeds and chia seeds if using.
- Add ice to the blender and blend again until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkles and any other desired garnishes to make it festive. Add a birthday candle on top if desired. Enjoy with a straw or spoon.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
Keywords: vegan birthday cake smoothie