There's nothing like a fun snack in a holiday shape! These Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches can be made into any shape you like. In my house, we love to do a Star of David as part of our Hanukkah celebration! Gluten-free bread is toasted to golden brown with melty vegan Mozzarella cheese in between. Delicious and festive!
- 2 slices whole wheat or gluten-free bread if desired*
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, divided (I love Miyoko with a hint of salt vegan butter best)
- Homemade Instant Vegan Mozzarella Cheese (easy recipe!)
- optional: blueberries for serving alongside
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Use a large Star of David shaped cookie cutter to cut a star out of two slices of bread (to create two stars that are the same size). Use one slightly smaller cookie cutter to cut another star out of one of the stars.
- Spread vegan butter on one side of the solid star. Spread vegan mozzarella cheese on the other side of the solid star. Place the buttered side of the bread down on the skillet.
- Add butter to one side of the Star of David with the hollowed out center. Allow it to sear on the skillet for a couple minutes until golden brown. Place the non-buttered side overtop the open faced mozzarella cheese star that is currently cooking. Allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and help hold the sandwich together. Serve immediately alongside fresh blueberries.
- If you do not want to waste the remaining star shaped bread you can butter and cook in the skillet with or without cheese on top and serve alongside the sandwich.
- For the two bread slices with the crust leftover (with the Star of David cut out in the center) you can place each overtop a full slice of bread that has been buttered, toasted and has melted cheese overtop to make another Star of David sandwich (not pictured). If you do this follow the same method above to sear the top slice (butter one side, cook on the skillet then flip and place overtop the side with the open-faced melting cheese).
* See my gluten-free product recommendations post for GF brand's I recommend
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5