This creamy vegan dressing is filled with fresh herbs and bright flavors that bring life to any dish! Vegan Green Goddess Dressing is a must-make for every season.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked*
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 large juicy lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (optional for added richness)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional - but recommended)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup fresh chives (or 2 green onions), ends removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed herbs (any combination of fresh basil, dill, cilantro and/or mint)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews just before using and add to blender with 1/2 cup water, lemon zest and juice, garlic, olive oil (if using), maple syrup (if using), salt and pepper. Blend for one minute on the highest speed until smooth and creamy. Add the other 1/2 cup of water to thin out as needed.
- Add parsley, chives, mixed herbs and tarragon. Blend briefly again until herbs are fully incorporated and desired consistency is reached. I like to leave some of the herbs intact.
- Taste and adjust flavors if needed adding more salt and pepper if desired.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To soak the cashews place in a mason jar (or any airtight container) and fill with 2 cups of filtered water. Place in the refrigerator overnight or at least for 6 hours. For a "quick soak" pour boiling water overtop the cashews and cover at room temperature for 30-60 minutes. After soaked, rinsed and drained the cashews will measure approximately 1 1/4 cup since they swell as they absorb the water. Learn all about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post!
The dressing will thicken slightly in the refrigerator after 1-2 hours. Add more water to thin if needed. Best served after it has been chilled for two hours.
If you love lemon flavor, add a second lemon (juice and zest!).
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Condiment/Dressing
- Method: Blender
Keywords: vegan green goddess dressing