This creamy vegan dressing is filled with fresh herbs and bright flavors that bring life to any dish! Vegan Green Goddess Dressing is a must-make for every season.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked*
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 large juicy lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (optional for added richness)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional – but recommended)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup fresh chives (or 2 green onions), ends removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed herbs (any combination of fresh basil, dill, cilantro and/or mint)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews just before using and add to blender with 1/2 cup water, lemon zest and juice, garlic, olive oil (if using), maple syrup (if using), salt and pepper. Blend for one minute on the highest speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add parsley, chives, mixed herbs and tarragon. Blend briefly again until herbs are fully incorporated and desired consistency is reached. I like to leave some of the herbs intact.
- Taste and adjust flavors if needed adding more salt and pepper if desired.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To soak the cashews place in a mason jar (or any airtight container) and fill with 2 cups of filtered water. Place in the refrigerator overnight or at least for 6 hours. For a “quick soak” pour boiling water overtop the cashews and cover at room temperature for 30-60 minutes. After soaked, rinsed and drained the cashews will measure approximately 1 1/4 cup since they swell as they absorb the water.
The dressing will thicken slightly in the refrigerator after 1-2 hours. Add more water to thin if needed. Best served after it has been chilled for two hours.
If you love lemon flavor, add a second lemon (juice and zest!).
- Category: Condiment/Dressing
- Method: Blender