This classically rustic dessert is ideal for stress-free entertaining. It looks and tastes gourmet but is effortless to make. The juicy, sweet and slightly tart blueberries are cradled in the tender crust making every bite perfection.
Serve the blueberry galette warm and enjoy it with a scoop of plant-based vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream for an extra creamy touch.
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cup blanched super fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon tablespoons arrowroot powder/starch
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, solid
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
For the blueberry filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- To make the crust, add almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch and salt to a food processor and pulse until well combined. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and almond extract and pulse again until a ball of dough forms. Place the dough in your freezer while you prepare the blueberry filling.
- In a large mixing bowl stir to combine the blueberries, arrowroot powder and maple syrup. Set aside.
- To assemble the galette, place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat surface. Remove the ball of dough from the freezer and place on the parchment paper. Then, place another sheet of parchment paper overtop. Use a rolling pin or a glass cup to flatten the dough until it is 1/4-inch thick and in the shape of a circle (it doesn't have to be perfect).
- Place the blueberry mixture (including the juices) in the center of the dough. The edges of the crust are then folded in an overlapping pattern. To do this, gently fold the edges of the dough over one to two inches of the blueberry mixture. Since the dough is delicate I like to gently lift the bottom sheet of parchment paper to help lift the dough. Work your way around the perimeter and overlap each section so that it is pleated and no blueberries can escape.
- Once folded, brush the dough with coconut oil and sprinkle with coconut sugar or turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes until blueberry filling is bubbling and pastry crust is golden.
You want the dough to be well-chilled before you flatten it. If it is room temperature it will not hold up well during the folding process. The longer you are able to chill the dough the better.
Please note: When I photographed this recipe I added 1 tablespoon of flaxseed to the crust. In the final recipe test I realized the flaxseed is not needed. You certainly could add it. Just know that if you don't add it then your crust will not have the speckled flaxseed as shown in the photos. I actually think it looks even better without the flaxseed from a purely aesthetic perspective.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: grain-free blueberry galette, vegan blueberry galette, gluten-free blueberry galette recipe