These rich and creamy Vegan Berries and Cream Popsicles are the perfect cold treat on a hot summer day! The creamy base is made from coconut cream and raw cashews with a touch of maple syrup and vanilla extract for sweetness. The pops are studded throughout with fresh berries and topped off with a vibrant and sweet homemade raspberry chia jam. This sweet and creamy treat is easy to make and much healthier than store-bought cream pops. You won’t believe they are dairy-free and refined sugar-free.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans full fat coconut milk (refrigerated for 24 hours in advance)
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews*
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 10 teaspoons homemade raspberry chia jam (made 24 hours in advance so it is thick)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 large fresh strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- Open the canned coconut milk and scoop out the top solid white coconut cream only (reserve the coconut water in the bottom of the can for smoothies or another popsicle recipe). Place the solid white coconut cream in a 2-cup measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute until it is liquid. Pour into a high speed blender.
- Add cashews, maple syrup, vanilla and salt to the blender and blend on the highest speed for one minute until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Place 1 teaspoon of raspberry chia jam in the bottom of each popsicle mold. My popsicle mold makes 10 popsicles at a time.
- Place 1-2 strawberry slices and 4-6 blueberries in each popsicle mold. Pour the mixture from the blender overtop the berries into the molds until they reach the “fill” line of your popsicle molds.
- Freeze the popsicles for 24 hours before enjoying.
- Run the popsicle molds under hot water to release the popsicles from the molds and enjoy immediately.
Total time does not include time for freezing. You will want to make this recipe a day before you serve it.
*Depending on the type of blender you own you may want to soak your cashews in advance for a creamy smooth texture. You can soak overnight or use boiling water for a one hour quick soak method. I usually do not soak in advance because I’m in a rush and they turn out great! See blog post above for soaking benefits.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender and Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Berries and Cream Popsicles