This plant-based, gluten-free oatmeal makes a convenient on-the-go breakfast option that everyone will love. It is naturally sweetened with dates, raisins, cranberries, maple syrup and a mashed-up Chiquita banana. The dish is studded with pecans and has a warming and comforting hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. This wholesome breakfast recipe offers whole grains, plant-based protein and healthy fats.
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (certified gluten-free if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 ripe Chiquita banana, mashed with a fork
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/338ºF/gas 5. Line an 18cm / 7” round baking tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Allow to cool before slicing to serve.
TIP: Wrap each portion in baking parchment, tie with string and store in a tupperware tub to keep the vegan baked oatmeal fresh.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins