A buttery almond flour cookie topped with a dollop of tart raspberry jam creates the most perfect sweet treat! These vegan and paleo Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies are our most recent dessert obsession. They are dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free too. The kids love helping to make them, and everyone loves eating them!
- 2 cups super-fine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter (or sub coconut oil)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Optional add-ons: chopped sliced almonds, finely shredded coconut flakes OR maple sugar/coconut sugar
- 6 teaspoons Easy Raspberry Chia Jam
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add almond flour, baking soda and salt to a mixing bowl and stir to fully combine. Add the wet ingredients (melted coconut oil or melted vegan butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract) and combine using a spoon. Set the cookie dough aside.
- If you plan to use one of the optional add-ons, set the one you have selected and lay it out on a plate in a single small layer for rolling (i.e. finely shredded coconut flakes, chopped sliced almonds OR maple sugar/coconut sugar). Set aside.
- Using a retractable cookie scoop, make 11 cookie dough balls (about 1.5 tablespoons in size each). Roll each cookie dough ball in the optional add-on toppings if desired (i.e. finely shredded coconut flakes, chopped sliced almonds OR maple sugar/coconut sugar). Note: if you choose to leave plain they will still be delicious!
- Place each cookie dough ball on your prepared baking sheet and use your thumb (or the back of a teaspoon) to press down in the center of each cookie to make a small well for jelly (do not push all the way through the cookie dough). If the edges crack a little that is okay. You can fix the edges with your fingers if you wish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and press your thumb in the center again gently to make sure the well is large enough to hold the jam. Immediately fill each "well" with 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry chia jam.
- Allow the cookies to cool directly on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to fully cool. They will harden as they cool so be sure to wait to handle them until they have fully cooled. Enjoy after they have fully cooled or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
*If you are not concerned about keeping them 100% refined sugar-free then you can use turbinado sugar or organic cane sugar in place of the maple sugar or coconut sugar. You can also use store bought raspberry jam.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: vegan thumbprint cookies