Everyone who bites into these Vegan and Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies gets the biggest smile!
- 1 cup super-fine blanched almond flour [not almond meal]
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (gluten-free if desired) [not rolled oats]
- 1/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut [not coconut flakes]
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or vegan, soy-free butter), melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan and refined sugar free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add almond flour, oats, shredded coconut, baking soda, and salt to a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk to fully combine.
- Add the wet ingredients (melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract) and combine using a spoon or hand mixer. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a retractable cookie scoop, make 12 cookies (about 2 tablespoons in size each) and place on your prepared baking sheet. The batter will be crumbly and that is okay. Just use your fingers to form them into cookies on the baking sheet. They will firm up when baked and cooled.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to fully cool directly on the baking sheet before handling. They will set as they cool so be sure to wait to handle them until they have fully cooled (otherwise they will fall apart). I usually stick my entire baking sheet in the freezer to allow them to set quickly. Enjoy after they have set or store in an airtight container for up to five days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookie