These homemade vegan and gluten-free Baked Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Ganache Glaze are light, fluffy, moist and have a rich chocolate flavor that makes them so incredibly decadent. The chocolate ganache glaze makes them extra indulgent and allows for festive toppings like dye-free sprinkles or coconut flakes. The donuts are naturally sweetened and refined sugar-free and nut-free too.
For the donuts
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For the chocolate ganache glaze
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 6-count donut pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a high speed blender, add the oats and grind into a fine flour. Set aside into a medium-sized mixing bowl with a pour spout. Add the rest of the dry ingredients (arrowroot powder, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt). Stir until well combined.
- Rinse out the blender and add all the wet ingredients to the blender (milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and vinegar). Blend until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients from the blender into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined and no oat chunks remain. You can also use a hand mixer if you prefer. Using the mixing bowl’s pour spout, carefully pour the batter into the donut pan filling them until full.
- Place the muffin tin on the middle rack of your oven and bake for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees without opening the oven door. Bake at 375 degrees for another 10 minutes. This method will help make your donuts rise high and cook perfectly on the inside too without burning the outside.
- Remove the donut pan from the oven and allow to cool slightly before inverting over a cooling rack. Once the donuts are completely cool you can pour/spoon the chocolate glaze overtop.
- For the glaze, whisk together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt until smooth. Pour overtop the donuts and immediately add sprinkles. Donuts are best when the chocolate ganache glaze has had a chance to set on the donuts in the refrigerator for an hour. But you can enjoy immediately if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert or Brunch
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Baked Vegan and Gluten-Free Chocolate Donuts