If you have trouble waking up in the morning, this is the Tropical Smoothie for you! It has brightness and zing thanks to lime and ginger, tropical sweetness from mango and pineapple, and a huge serving of greens that you can’t even taste. It’s the perfect way to kickstart your day!
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened, plain non-dairy milk (I like almond or coconut milk)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons raw hulled hemp seeds (adds 10 grams of protein)
- 1 large juicy lime, zested and juiced
- 3 large pitted Medjool dates (or 1.5 tablespoons pure maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon chia seed or ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, peeled
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a blender and blend thoroughly on high speed until completely smooth. If it isn’t quite blending, add a bit more non-dairy milk or use a tamper or plunger (if you have one with your blender) to help with blending.
- Blend for at least one minute on high so everything is well blended (especially the ginger). Add one cup of ice if desired (see notes).
- Pour into two large glasses. Serve immediately.
Add a small handful raw blanched slivered almonds (not sliced almonds) for added creaminess and protein. Raw cashews also work.
I like to add one cup of crushed ice after the first blend to make it extra frosty.
- Category: Breakfast