This is the tropical and refreshing Key Lime Pie Smoothie Bowl that my family has been requesting all summer long!
For the pie crust (to sprinkle overtop the smoothie)
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
For the smoothie
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted, chopped
- 8 key limes, zested and juiced (about 2 tablespoons key lime zest)
- 4 soft pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups ice
Optional Smoothie Boosters
- 1-2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder or moringa powder
- homemade easy vegan coconut whipped cream (or sub thick coconut yogurt such as Culina brand - vanilla flavor would be great here)
- key lime zest
- key lime wedges or wheels
- Add macadamia nuts, coconut flakes, pecans, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt to a 7-cup food processor and process until fine and crumbly (about 20 seconds). Set aside.
- Add almond milk, frozen cauliflower, avocado, key lime zest and juice, dates, maple syrup, and vanilla to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add any desired optional smoothie boosters and blender again. You may need to use the blender's plunger/tamper to help it along. If your blender does not have a tamper/plunger or if it is not a high speed blender you can add more almond milk but this will change the texture of the smoothie (it will be thinner).
- Add ice cubes and blend again until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust flavors if desired. Pour into two adult-sized bowls (or make three mini bowls for kids). Use the back of a spoon to smooth the top of the smoothie and make peaks and valleys (just for fun!).
- Sprinkle the pie crust overtop the smoothie bowls with your fingers. I like to put it along the perimeter of the bowl so it looks like a real key lime pie. Next, add your garnishes: a dollop or two of coconut whipped cream, key lime zest and key lime wedges or wheels. Enjoy immediately with a spoon.
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
Keywords: vegan key lime pie smoothie bowl