This vegan and gluten-free chocolate chip cookie cake recipe is the ultimate dessert for any special occasion. Using only 8 ingredients, it is surprisingly easy to make and yet will impress your friends and family with its soft, chewy crust and generous amount of chocolate chips. It will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth despite it being naturally sweetened and nutritious!
For the cookie cake:
- 2 cups super-fine blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1.5 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or vegan butter)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips [I love Hu chocolate chips - use code ELAINE20 for 20% off]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the baking pan. Trace the edge of a circular 8-inch or 9-inch baking pan on a piece of parchment paper and cut out the circle. If you are not using a non-stick pan then grease the baking pan with avocado oil or coconut oil spray and place the circle-shaped parchment paper at the bottom. Spray the parchment paper with oil as well. Do not skip this step. Set aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients together. Add almond flour, oat flour, baking soda and salt to a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk to fully combine.
- Add the wet ingredients and chocolate chips. Add coconut oil (or vegan butter), maple syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl. Combine using a hand mixer. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to spread into one even layer. Add extra chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool. Remove from oven and allow to fully cool for at least one hour before removing from the pan. I usually pop the pan in the freezer after it bakes. This speeds up the cooling process and allows the cake to more easily come out of the pan. Run a knife along the circumference of the pan to loosen it around the edges before inverting the pan to remove the cake. To ensure the cake doesn't fall apart you can put a plate overtop the baking pan and invert it with the plate overtop to catch the cake.
- Decorate the cake. Once the cookie cake has fully cooled and has been removed from the pan you can decorate it with frosting if desired. Do not decorate while the cake is still warm or the frosting will melt.
- Slice the cake. Slice the cake into 8-10 pieces and serve at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days or at room temperature for up to 3 days.
To make a two-tier cake, double the recipe above. Decorate as you would a normal cake if desired.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 17
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: vegan cookie cake