This vegan hot cocoa is the perfect healthy treat to warm you up this winter and satisfy your chocolate fix. It is sweetened naturally and refined sugar-free plus it is ultra rich and creamy. It is full of wholesome ingredients and made right in your blender so you can feel good about every sip!
- 2 cups unsweetened, plain almond milk (or light coconut milk from a can, homemade oat milk or homemade cashew milk)
- 6 pitted Medjool dates (or 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds or raw cashews (optional for added body/thickness/creaminess)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and press the “soup” setting if you have it. Allow it to blend until it is smooth, creamy and steamy! If you don’t have a soup setting you can use the highest speed on your blender. You might need to then transfer it to the stovetop to warm it up.
- Taste and adjust sweetness if desired. You can also add a drop of peppermint extract OR a pinch of cinnamon for a fun flavor twist.
- Pour into two mugs and serve piping hot. Garnish with homemade coconut whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan hot cocoa