This quick and easy recipe is a fun twist on traditional salsa. It is loaded with fun flavor and will satisfy your sweet, salty and spicy craving all at once.
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and finely diced
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- 1 spring onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon agave (optional for additional sweetness if your strawberries are not super sweet)
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. For added tang add more lime juice from the other half of the lime. For added spice add more diced jalapeno. You may also want to add more salt, pepper or agave.
- Serve with chips or inside tacos.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican