Here’s a surprising salsa swap: strawberries instead of tomatoes! This Strawberry Salsa is sweet, spicy, and salty all in one dish, and the addition of strawberries delights everyone who tries it. It’s filled with fresh produce and our favorite summer chip dip!
- 16 ounces (1 pint) strawberries, hulled and finely diced (~ 2 cups diced)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves (large stems removes), finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced (~ 3/4 cup diced)
- 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional for additional sweetness if your strawberries are not super sweet)
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. For added tang add more lime juice and zest from the other half of the lime. For more spicy flavor add more diced jalapeno. For added sweetness add more maple syrup.
- Serve immediately with chips or inside tacos.
For best results I chill my ingredients in advance. Otherwise, after mixing the ingredients together you can chill for 30-60 minutes before serving.
Serve with a slotted spoon if you don’t plan to eat immediately as the strawberry juices will start to release overtime.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: strawberry salsa