This fresh, nutritious and surprisingly filling appetizer is quick and easy to make. It only requires six ingredients that are simply mixed together before serving with your favorite chip.
- 16 ounces (1 pound) strawberries, hulled and finely diced
- 1 large avocado, cubed (small cubes)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, large stems removed, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Taste with a chip and adjust seasonings/proportions as needed. I sometimes add more cilantro, lime juice and/or salt to taste.
- Serve immediately with your favorite chips. Best when fresh.
I like to chill my strawberries and avocado in advance of prepping this recipe so the salsa is not room temperature.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican