This light and yet satisfying salad is perfect for a quick and easy lunch or pre-dinner snack. This recipe serves one but can be easily doubled to serve two. I always make a large batch of quinoa each week and use that on the salad but if you do not have be sure to start that before making the rest of the salad.
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup cooked and cooled white quinoa (How to Make Perfectly Cooked Quinoa)
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted pepita seeds*
- 2 tablespoons raw hemp seeds
- 2 large radishes, spiralized **
- 1 green onion, diced
Dressing (makes more than you need)
- 1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place arugula in a bowl or on a plate. Top with quinoa, pepita seeds and hemp seeds. Arrange the spiralized radishes in the center. Top with green onions (not pictured).
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of dressing over the salad. Enjoy immediately.
* I get my pepitas in the bulk section of Whole Foods and they are delicious and extra salty just how I like them.
** spiralize the radishes on the thinnest blade. For me, that is blade D on my Inspiralizer.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Salad