This Salsa Fresca makes a super easy and fresh Pico de Gallo salsa that my family cannot get enough of! It’s filled with fresh tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and jalapeno for a classic appetizer. Don’t forget to finish it off with a squeeze of fresh lime before you open a bag of your favorite chips and grab a big scoop!
- 20 ounces), seeded and diced (measures 2 cups when diced)* ripe Roma tomatoes (
- 1.5 cups when finely diced) 20-ounce white onion, finely diced (
- 1 bunch) finely diced fresh cilantro leaves, large stems removed (from
- jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced (keep the seeds for a spicier version)
- lime, zested and juiced
- fine salt
- Combine tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime (juice and zest) and salt together in a large glass mixing bowl.
- Season to taste with additional lime juice and salt if needed. Add more jalapeno for added spiciness if desired.
- Chill the pico de gallo in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to marinate together.
- Stir well before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon to drain any excess liquid.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to two days.
*If making during the winter (when red tomatoes are not in season), use cherry tomatoes. You will still want to dice them up finely and remove the seeds.
- Category: Condiment or Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican