This easy dish comes together quickly. I usually make a large batch of quinoa to use on recipes like this throughout the week. I recommend making the pesto while the beets roast. This is a great meal prep recipe since the beets also last for a couple days in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
- 2 large beets, peeled, spiralized on Blade C using the Inspiralizer, noodles trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (How to Make Perfectly Cooked Quinoa)
- For the pesto:
- 2 cups fresh Italian flat leaf parsley leaves, packed
- ¼ cup of pine nuts (plus more for garnish if desired)*
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large clove of garlic
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. On a baking sheet, spread out the beet noodles and coat with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper (about 1/4 teaspoon of each). Bake for 10-13 minutes or until beets are cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- While the noodles cook, combine all of the ingredients for the pesto into a mini food processor and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. I sometimes add a couple teaspoons of water if it is too thick.
- Once beets are cooked, serve them over quinoa and top the beet noodles with the parsley pesto. Garnish with more pine nuts if desired. If nut-free garnish with hemp seeds and/or green peas. I sometimes serve with avocado as well.
*If nut-free you can substitute hemp seeds or pepitas (or a combination of the two).
- Category: Dinner
- Method: oven-baked
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: roasted beet noodles