Bright parsley and mint, crunchy cucumber, and fluffy quinoa create the most invigorating homemade Quinoa Tabbouleh recipe!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (or 3 cups cooked)
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves (large stems removed) [curly parsley works best]
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves (large stems removed)
- 4 baby (mini) cucumbers, finely diced (or 1 English cucumber) [2 cups diced]
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3-4 green onions (scallions), diced [1 cup diced]
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large juicy lemon, juiced (3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
- 3 small garlic cloves (or 2 small), pressed
- 1.5 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- Prepare the quinoa using my Instant Pot method or my stovetop method. Allow the quinoa to cool to room temperature before using in this recipe.
- Place parsley leaves and mint leaves in a 7 cup food processor fitted with an S-blade. Pulse it a couple times to mince the herbs. Scrape down the sides with a mini spatula if needed. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cooked and cooled quinoa, finely minced fresh herbs, finely diced cucumbers, quartered cherry tomatoes and diced green onions.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, fresh lemon juice, pressed garlic and salt. Pour overtop the quinoa tabbouleh salad. Toss to mix well. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to five days.
- This salad pairs well with vegan feta cheese, kalamata olives and chickpeas.
If you do not have a food processor you can hand dice the herbs yourself but for the best results/texture I recommend using a food processor.
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Salad or Side
Keywords: quinoa tabbouleh salad