Plug in the air fryer to experience a new way to enjoy broccoli with crispy, slightly charred florets. While meant to be served as a side dish, you'll find it makes for an addictive snack on its own. Ready in just 12 minutes!
1 large head of fresh broccoli, stem removed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Using Fresh Broccoli:
- Cut the broccoli florets into small and evenly-sized pieces.
- Dry the florets thoroughly. Removing the moisture is key to achieving crispy rather than soggy broccoli.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the broccoli, olive oil, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and toss well to fully coat the florets. I like to use my hands to ensure that I coat every nook and cranny.
- Place the florets in the air fryer in one single layer. Overlapping the florets will cause them to steam rather than crisp up. Make in batches if necessary.
- Air fry at 350˚F for 12 minutes. There is no need to toss halfway or shake the basket as the broccoli should cook evenly without it.
- Enjoy immediately while hot. Use tongs to remove the florets from the basket.
Feel free to let the broccoli marinate in the oil coating. Coating the florets immediately before air frying is perfectly fine (and what I usually do), but I've actually found that doing this step a few hours in advance of air frying gives me an even better result in terms of crispiness.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Side
- Method: Air Fryer
Keywords: air fryer broccoli