Sweet and savory combine beautifully in this Plumcot Salad. It's a plate full of vibrant color and juicy, summertime flavors!
For the plumcot salad
- 2 ripe plumcots (they should be red-ish inside when ripe not yellow), sliced around the pit (big chunks are okay here as this is a rustic salad)
- a couple thinly sliced red onion pieces (or shallots)
- 2 tablespoons vegan feta cheese, crumbled (such as VioLife brand)
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh chives (or sub thinly sliced scallions)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted* (or sub hemp seeds if nut free)
- small handful of microgreens (I used arugula microgreens here - you can also substitute regular arugula, frisee lettuce or watercress)
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large clove garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- Divide the pluot slices between two plates. Sprinkle a couple red onion slices overtop and around the plumcots. Add 1 tablespoon of cheese to each plate (or more if desired). Sprinkle chives overtop.
- Add the pine nuts overtop the salad as well. Sprinkle microgreens overtop everything (just a light dusting).
- Make the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a glass Mason jar and shake well to combine. Drizzle 1 tablespoon overtop each plate. Sprinkle the salad with freshly ground black pepper if desired. Enjoy immediately.
garlic press [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
knife set (code ELAINE for 10% off)Buy Now →
*To toast the pine nuts place them in a non-stick, non-toxic skillet over low heat with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Saute them for 8-10 minutes until they are golden brown and fragrant. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
This makes one small appetizer/side salad. This is not intended to be an entree salad.
For best results chill the plumcots in the refrigerator in advance of serving so they are cold when served.
The dressing can be made in advance if desired for quick and easy assembly. This recipe makes more dressing than is needed for 2 salads but it can be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Salad
Keywords: Plumcot Salad