- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (How to Make Perfectly Cooked Quinoa)
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pepita seeds (or use my Sweet & Salty Pepitas)
- 1/4 cup crispy chickpeas
- 6 large radishes, spiralized on blade D using The Inspiralizer (or the smallest blade on any spiralizer)
- 1 sweet red apple, spiralized on blade D using The Inspiralizer (or the smallest blade on any spiralizer)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 small shallot, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2-4 figs, quarted or halved
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (balsamic or apple cider)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- On a large salad plate or in a large salad bowl, add arugula, quinoa, pepitas, crispy chickpeas, spiralized radishes, spiralized apples, green onions, shallots, avocado, figs and hemp seeds.
- In a measuring cup whisk together the salad dressing ingredients. Or, combine in a mini food processor. Pour 3 tablespoons of the dressing on the salad. Toss and taste. Add more dressing if desired. Store leftover dressing in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Enjoy the salad immediately.
I like to make this salad using well chilled arugula, radishes, apple, green onion, avocado and figs. I like the cooked quinoa to be room temperature ideally. I prefer the crispy chickpeas to be fresh out of the oven and just slightly cooled.
- Prep Time: 15 mins