Pineapple Lemonade with Ginger and Turmeric is a delicious immunity-booster and my secret weapon for keeping my family healthy all year-round!
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3 large juicy lemons, juiced
- 2-inches fresh turmeric root, peeled if desired (or sub 1 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled if desired
- optional: pinch of black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil for better absorption of the turmeric
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add all ingredients (except the ice cubes) to a high-speed blender and blend on the highest speed for 30-60 seconds until the ginger and turmeric root fibers are completely incorporated.
- It will be warm from blending, so just before serving add the ice cubes and blend again briefly until there are no chunks of ice. Pour immediately (no straining needed) directly in to a cup and enjoy. If separation occurs as it sits you can re-blend to reincorporate the ingredients together.
- The recipe is best when fresh. I usually enjoy immediately but it should store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. You will need to blend before serving after storage as separation will occur.
If you do not have fresh turmeric root you can substitute ground turmeric as mentioned in the ingredients. I get my fresh turmeric root at Sprouts typically but I know sometimes it can be difficult to find at certain stores.
If you are making this drink for kids, start with less turmeric and ginger and work your way up to the written amount above. You can sweeten the drink too if desired.
With my blender I do not have to peel the turmeric or ginger root and it still turns out perfect.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
Keywords: immune-boosting turmeric-ginger lemonade