This is one of those unexpected salads that just works! Spicy arugula, sweet pears, savory beets, and crunchy toasted hazelnuts all come to party in this perfect salad. Pear & Roasted Beet Arugula Salad with Hazelnuts is a springtime dream come true!
- 2 red beets, ends removed, chopped
- 2 golden beets, ends removed chopped
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- Herbed Tahini Dressing
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 D’Anjou pears, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss chopped beets with olive oil, salt and pepper on a parchment lined baking sheet or in a cast iron skillet. Bake for 35-40 minutes tossing halfway. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees for the hazelnuts.
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts and remove any loose skin. Toast at 350 degrees for ten minutes.
- Make the Herbed Tahini Dressing.
- Assemble your salad: Place 2 cups of arugula on each plate. Divide the pear, toasted hazelnuts, and roasted beets between the two salads. Drizzle with herbed tahini dressing. Enjoy immediately.
Makes 2 large entree salads or 4 side salads.
If making in advance store salad components separate and assemble just before serving.
Pears brown quickly once cut so be sure to cut your pear just before serving.
This recipe is best when the dressing, arugula and pear are chilled in advance and the hazelnuts and beets are served warm.
See a 30 second video of me making a version of this salad HERE.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Oven