An effortless and gourmet spring pasta dish that will wow your loved ones. It is sweet, garlicky, healthy and every bite is bright green. Adding the broccoli rabe is entirely optional. It makes for a unique spring addition to the dish and is a great way to get even more greens into your diet.
- 10 ounces of gluten-free pasta
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup sweet peas (fresh or frozen work, if using frozen thaw out completely before using)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted raw, unsalted pepita seeds (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: one bunch of broccoli rabe, trimmed
- Garnish: 2 spring onions, diced (optional)
- Prepare the pasta. Bring a large pot to a rolling boil and prepare the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks prepare the parsley-pea pesto. Dice the spring onions if using. Set aside.
- Prepare the parsley pesto sauce: add parsley, peas, oil, pepita seeds, garlic, salt and pepper to a mini food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare the broccoli rabe (if using): Add broccoli rabe to salted boiling water for 3-5 minutes until tender and then plunge into ice water. Drain well and add the broccoli rabe to a saute pan with olive oil, salt and pepper for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- Once the pasta is finished cooking, transfer it to the saute pan with the cooked broccoli rabe (if using) on low heat. Mix in the parsley pesto and diced spring onions. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Entree