This no-cook, no-avocado vegan chocolate pudding is rich, creamy, thick and decadent. Each bite is incredible and will have you going back for more. This pudding is naturally sweetened and refined sugar-free, gluten-free and nut-free too. All the ingredients go directly in your blender and are then poured into a jar to sit in the refrigerator overnight to thicken. The entire process takes about five minutes and the next day you will have the most delicious chocolate pudding without having to ever turn on the stove. Altogether this wholesome plant-based pudding is easy to make and is pure chocolate heaven.
- 1, 13.5 ounce can full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight (solid white part only used in this recipe)*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I like 365 organic fair-trade brand the best)**
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot starch (also known as arrowroot flour)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add the solid white coconut cream, cocoa powder, non-dairy milk, maple syrup, arrowroot starch, vanilla and salt to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides if needed and blend again to ensure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a large glass storage container with an airtight lid and place in your refrigerator for a full 24 hours. This will allow the pudding to thicken.
- Divide the pudding into two small bowls and enjoy with chocolate shavings, fresh strawberries and/or fresh raspberries. Serve well-chilled and enjoy within one week.
*Chill a can of full-fat coconut milk in your refrigerator overnight. When you open it the top will contain the solid white coconut fat, which is what we will use in this recipe. You can easily scoop it out with a spoon. You can discard the clear coconut liquid on the bottom or use in a smoothie. Another option is to buy heavy coconut cream which contains more of the solid white part when chilled in the refrigerator overnight. For this recipe you only need 3/4 cup of the solid white coconut milk fat.
**The type of cocoa powder you use really matters in this recipe. Make sure the color is a rich dark brown. I have had great success with the 365 brand of unsweetened cocoa powder. You can use cacao powder in this recipe but I find the taste is not the same.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy vegan chocolate pudding