This homemade no-churn vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe is ultra smooth and creamy and couldn't be easier to make in your blender. It is loaded with sweet and cool minty flavor with indulgent dark chocolate in every bite. Best of all, this quick and easy frozen dessert recipe is naturally sweetened, contains nutritious ingredients (including a vegetable!) and is completely dairy-free.
- 1 zucchini, skin on, ends trimmed, chopped
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and skin removed
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk, chilled 24 hours in advance*
- 2 cups raw, unsalted cashews, pre-soaked**
- 1/2 cup mini vegan refined sugar-free dark chocolate chips/gems + more for topping
- Optional: fresh mint for serving
- Add all ingredients in the order listed above (except for the chocolate chips) to a high-speed blender. So, the zucchini will go in first and the cashews will go in last. Be sure to only use the solid white coconut cream from the canned coconut milk. See notes below.
- Blend starting on the lowest speed and slowly increase to the highest speed. Stay on the highest speed for 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. If your blender is having trouble blending use the tamper/plunger to safely push the contents into the blades while it is blending. If you do not have a tamper or plunger then you will have to stop and scrape down the sides throughout the blending process to ensure all ingredients get incorporated properly.
- Pour the ice cream into an 8 x 4 loaf pan or freezer-friendly container. Pour in the chocolate chips and gently fold them into the ice cream. Top it off with 2-3 tablespoons more of chocolate chips if desired. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Before scooping and serving, remove the loaf pan from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. You can also place the bottom of the loaf pan in warm water to speed up the process. Scoop and serve like you would regular ice cream. Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
*For this recipe, we are only using the solid white coconut cream from the can of full-fat coconut milk. In order to easily separate the coconut cream from the coconut water, place the can in your refrigerator the day before you plan to make this recipe. The solid white coconut cream will naturally float to the top of the can. When you open the can you can easily use a spoon to scoop out just the coconut cream, leaving the coconut water behind. You can save the coconut water for smoothies or popsicles.
**Soaking your cashews in advance will make them extra creamy, less gritty and more easily digestible. Soaking cashews also helps to make the nutrients more available. You can soak in water overnight or do a quick soak using boiling water for an hour or two. Drain and rinse before using in this recipe. Measure out the cashews before soaking since they will swell and measure differently post-soak. Learn more about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
Keywords: No-Churn Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream