This No-Bake Vegan and Gluten-Free Cheesecake is refined sugar-free, grain-free, raw and sneaks in a vegetable! Yes, really! I'm not sure cheesecake can get any healthier than this. The filling comes together quickly in your blender and gets poured overtop a simple 3-ingredient crust. This cheesecake is mega creamy, perfectly sweet and beyond rich!
For the filling:
- 2.5 cups raw unsalted cashews*
- 1 large zucchini, ends removed, peeled and chopped (~ 9 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from ~3 small lemons)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
For the crust:
- 8 large soft pitted Medjool dates (1 cup)
- 1 cup raw unsalted slivered blanched almonds (not sliced almonds and not roasted slivered almonds) - no soaking needed
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- Add all filling ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until perfectly smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Add all crust ingredients to a food processor fitted with an S blade and pulse until a course mixture forms. You should be able to press the mixture between your fingers and it should stick together. Transfer to a 7.5 inch springform pan. There is no need to line or grease the pan. Place a sheet of parchment paper overtop the crust and use the bottom of a glass to pack the crust down into an even layer that covers the entire bottom of the pan. Remove the parchment paper.
- Pour the filling directly overtop the crust.
- Place the pan in your freezer for 8-10 hours.
- Once frozen, remove the pan from the freezer about 20-30 minutes before serving. Release the springform pan and use a knife to separate the bottom layer from the crust. It should slide right off the bottom of the pan and onto a serving plate. Slice into 8-10 slices (it is thick and rich so 10 slices will still yield satisfying portions). Top with fresh berries if desired. Enjoy within an hour or so (especially in very hot weather) as the filling will start to soften and eventually melt.
*Soak the cashews in boiling hot water for at least 30 minutes in advance of blending. Once soaked the cashews will measure 2 2/3 cups (or more if you soak longer). After soaking is complete, drain, rinse and add to blender. Learn more about How (and Why!) to Soak Cashews in this post.
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender + Freezer
Keywords: No-Bake Vegan and Gluten-Free Cheesecake