These No-Bake Date Coconut Energy Bites are absolutely delicious with their soft texture and naturally sweet and nutty flavor. They are loaded with nutrients and make for the perfect bite-sized healthy snack. They are vegan and they don’t contain any gluten, grains or refined sugars. Best of all, they are so quick and easy to make.
- 1 cup raw walnut halves
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cup large pitted Medjool dates (~15 dates)*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- Line a small baking sheet or other flat surface with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Add walnuts, cashews and coconut to a completely dry food processor fitted with the “S” blade. Process until crumbly.
- Add the dates, vanilla and salt and process again until dates have been fully incorporated and the mixture sticks when you pinch it between your fingers. You should be able to easily form the mixture into balls. If not, continue to process until you can (or try adding more dates). Be careful not to over-process though – you don’t want it to become mush. You still want it to have a crumbly texture.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out one tablespoon of the mixture at a time. Roll into balls between your hands and set on the parchment-lined baking sheet (or other flat surface) Once all 24 energy bites have been made, place the baking sheet in your freezer. You can enjoy immediately at room temperature but I prefer to eat them when they have hardened up a bit in the freezer.
- Store energy bites in an airtight container in your freezer for up to two months.
*Your dates should be very soft for this recipe to work well. If they have hardened you can pour boiling water overtop of them for an hour or so to help soften them up and rehydrate them. If you do this be sure to drain them and allow them to dry a bit so they aren’t soaking wet.
Medjool dates are the only type of dates that work in this recipe.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Food Processor
Keywords: date energy bites