This flavorful Moroccan Quinoa Salad is filled with almonds, herbs, cranberries, and homemade turmeric dressing for the perfect meal-prepped dish!
For the quinoa salad
- 1 batch Perfectly Cooked Quinoa (about 3 cups cooked from 1 cup dry quinoa) [or try my Instant Pot method]
- 2 green onions (scallions), diced or 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, large stems removed and finely diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, large stems removed and finely diced
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries (or apple juice sweetened dried cranberries, diced Medjol dates or fresh apple, finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 juicy lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- optional: pinch of cinnamon
- Prepare the quinoa and allow it to cool to room temperature. While it cools prep your veggies and whisk together the dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cooked and cooled quinoa, onions, herbs, almonds and dried cranberries (or apples). Pour the dressing overtop and mix well. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
If you have a little extra time, toast the sliced almonds before adding to the salad. I do this on the stovetop in a skillet with a little olive oil and salt. Cook over medium heat until golden brown. Be careful not to burn.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stovetop or Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Moroccan
Keywords: quinoa salad