- 1 cup unsweetened, plain non-dairy milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower (you won’t taste it!)
- 2 large lacinato (dinosaur) kale leaves, stem included [any type of kale will work or even a couple handfuls of baby spinach]
- 1/4 cup blanched raw slivered almonds (not sliced almonds)
- 6 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups ice cubes
Optional Smoothie Boosters:
- 1–2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1–2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- scoop vegan protein powder
- more greens!
- Add milk, cauliflower, kale, almonds, dates, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and mint to a high speed blender. Add any smoothie boosts you plan to use. Blend until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of ice and blend again. Add a second cup of ice and blend until smooth and creamy. If your blender is having trouble blending you can use your blender‘s tamper or plunger to get it going. Or, add more milk.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed (sometimes I add more mint leaves or an extra date).
- Pour into 2-3 large glasses and enjoy immediately.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
Keywords: vegan kale smoothie