This vegan smoothie tastes like dessert but is loaded with nutritious ingredients. You don't taste the frozen riced cauliflower at all but it adds a nice creamy, frosty texture to the smoothie. The fresh mint is incredibly refreshing and reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream when paired with the raw cacao nibs and vanilla.
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted (or 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup raw blanched slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 large handful of fresh mint leaves + more for garnish if desired
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (such as almond milk or oat milk)
- 1-2 cups ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs + more for garnish if desired
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Barlean’s Seriously Delicious CBD Chocolate Mint Hemp Oil
- In a high speed blender, add all the ingredients except ice and cacao nibs.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add 1 cup of ice and blend again until no ice chunks remain.
- Taste and adjust flavors as need. If a frostier smoothie is desired, add another cup of ice and blend again.
- Add cacao nibs and pulse a couple times to incorporate them throughout. You can keep some whole for texture or process them in fully if you don't want to feel the cacao nib "chips."
- Pour into one or two glasses depending on if this is a meal replacement or a filling snack.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh mint and cacao nibs if desired.
Some people like the slight crunch of the raw cacao nibs throughout the smoothie.
If you want to try this then add the cacao nibs at the end of blending. Pulse the cacao nibs a couple times to distribute them throughout the smoothie evenly. This will break them down slightly but still allow for a slight crunch. If you process them fully that works too but will turn the color of the smoothie more muddy brown.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Smoothie