Sweet potatoes are a nutrient-dense, incredibly satisfying and delicious vegetable that everyone seems to love, both kids and adults alike! Here we learn how to meal prep sweet potatoes so we can save time and easily incorporate them into healthy recipes ranging from breakfast to dessert.
- 4-8 sweet potatoes
How to Bake Sweet Potatoes in the Oven:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash and dry the sweet potatoes well.
- Put 4 sweet potatoes in a 12-inch cast iron skillet. I typically double it up and put a total of 8 in two skillets.
- Rub olive oil generously on the sweet potatoes and then sprinkle generously with salt (leave the skin on). If you are planning to use just the inside of the sweet potato for a sweet recipe you can skip the oil.
- Poke each potato 4 times with a fork and bake for 50-60 minutes (more time for larger sweet potatoes).
- Cut in half and enjoy!
How to Cook Sweet Potatoes in the Instant Pot:
- Place as many sweet potatoes that can fit in your Instant Pot using the steamer basket. They will be touching and resting on each other.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook for 15-25 minutes on manual high heat with the valve on sealed (more time if the sweet potatoes are large).
- Release the steam and the skin peels right off, which works well for mashing the inside for veggie burgers, tots or baked goods. See the recipes linked in the post above for how to use sweet potatoes in recipes.