These whipped sweet potatoes are so light and fluffy. They have a decadent cream cheese flavor that is enhanced by pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, salt and a touch of pepper. These flavors work so well together. This would make the perfect simple and easy holiday side dish that doesn't require any peeling or chopping. And, best of all, it doesn't take up any room on your stovetop or in your oven!
- 5 sweet potatoes (~ 3 pounds) (no need to peel or chop!)
- 4 ounces Daiya Plain Cream Cheeze Style Spread
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add sweet potatoes to the steamer basket in your Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water and secure lid. Valve should be on sealed. Cook on manual high pressure for 15 minutes. When cooking is complete, manual release and use tongs to transfer the sweet potatoes to a cutting board. Slice through each lengthwise with a knife.*
- Allow the sweet potatoes to cool until you can safely handle them. Peel the skin off and discard.
- Place the sweet potato flesh in a large mixing bowl and add Daiya Plain Cream Cheeze Style Spread, maple syrup, salt, pumpkin pie spice and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving dish and serve hot. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper, fresh thyme sprigs and/or chopped fresh chives if desired.
- Prep Time: 4 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins