Make your own Noodles & Co. dish at home and just the way you want it with this copycat recipe that has been made vegan and allergy-friendly. It tastes just like the real deal. It is butter-free and full of veggies and whole grains. You can feel good about this healthy, plant-based entree that is full of flavor.
- For the Sauce
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons creamy, unsalted, unsweetened sunflower seed butter (if you do not have a peanut allergy you can use creamy, unsalted peanut butter but I do not recommend any other nut butter in this recipe)
- 2–4 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce (depending on how hot you like it)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or organic raw agave
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced or grated on microplane
- 4–5 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press or minced
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fine ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3.5 cups broccoli florets, chopped small (I used 2 large broccoli heads and chopped away as much of the stalk as possible)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced thinly (“shoestring” style)
- 14 ounces gluten-free linguine or fettucini noodles (I used Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta, Fettucini Style found at Whole Foods)
- 5 green onion, diced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- For garnish: 2 limes, sliced + 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- To make the sauce combine broth, sunflower seed butter, chili sauce, maple syrup or agave, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a small saucepan over low heat until sauce becomes smooth and well blended. Stir frequently to avoid burning and to help de-clump the sauce. Set aside.
- Oil a large skillet, add broccoli and carrots and saute for 8 minutes covered until al dente.
- Meanwhile, prepare the noodles according to package instructions (I recommend al dente).
- Once the noodles and veggies are finished cooking combine everything together in a large pot or bowl. I use the same large pot I used to cook the noodles. First I add the noodles, then I pour on the sauce and mix in the veggies (cooked carrots, cooked broccoli, raw green onions and raw bean sprouts). Garnish with lime and cilantro. Best enjoyed immediately.
My recipe is adapted from this recipe. I made it vegan, gluten-free, soy-free and nut-free. And adjusted the instructions and ingredient measurements.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Indonesian