- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 cups filtered water, room temperature or cold
- Add cashews and water to a 3 cup glass jar or any 3-cup or larger container with a lid and an airtight seal.
- Place the jar in the refrigerator overnight (~ 8-12 hours).
- After soaking is complete, remove the lid, pour water through a strainer and rinse the soaked cashews thoroughly with fresh tap water. Now, you are ready to use the soaked cashews in your favorite recipes.
- Do not allow cashews to over-soak and get slimy/gel-like. This usually happens after 16 or more hours.
I recommend using soaked cashews right away for best results. Always look for signs of spoilage before using.
I like to use filtered water for the best taste/flavor. I find when I use tap water that gets absorbed into the cashews and I taste the tap water in the final recipe results.
- Prep Time: 5
Keywords: How to Soak Cashews Overnight