My easy, five minute method for how to make creamy oat milk that is not gritty or slimy. This simple method yields oat milk with wonderful texture and flavor.
- 1 cup organic gluten-free rolled oats
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt (or more to taste)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place oats in a strainer and give them a quick rinse with cold water. Allow them to drain a bit then add to a high speed blender along with the filtered water. Blend on the highest speed for 30 seconds. Do not over-blend or it will become slimy.
- Position a fine mesh strainer over a large mixing bowl with a small pour spout for easy transfer. Pour the blended milk through the fine mesh strainer.
- Pour the strained mixture back into the blender and add maple syrup, salt and vanilla extract if using. Blend on high speed for 10 seconds to fully incorporate. Taste with a spoon and add more maple syrup for sweetness if desired. Since your milk will be warm at this time from the blending process you can add a handful of ice and blend briefly if you want to enjoy your oat milk right away. Otherwise, pour into a glass milk storage container and store in your refrigerator for up to five days. Shake well before using. Best enjoyed cold. I do not recommend heating homemade oat milk as the heating process thickens it and changes the texture. However, you can use it in baking.
- Category: Beverage