An easy and summery way to enjoy all the yummy flavors of a blueberry muffin. This smoothie tastes like dessert and yet offers healthy fats, protein, fiber and antioxidants. It is 100% vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free and raw. Because this smoothie is allergy-friendly anyone can enjoy. It has been a huge hit with my kids this summer and I'm so excited to finally share with everyone. Enjoy!
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla non-dairy milk (such as almond, rice or hemp)
- ¼ cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional for additional sweetness)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder or ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach (optional if you are looking to increase your vegetable intake - it works great in this recipe and you cannot taste the greens)
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy. To thin out, add more milk. To thicken, add more frozen blueberries.
- Serve and enjoy immediately. Garnish with frozen blueberries and oats if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Smoothie