This healthy strawberry “milkshake” is thick, creamy and naturally sweetened. It is loaded with plant-based protein and nutritious pantry and freezer ingredients to satisfying your sweet tooth. Simply blend the ingredients together to enjoy this refreshing and vitamin-C rich treat!
For the Strawberry “Milkshake”
- 1.5 cups unsweetened frozen strawberries
- 1.5 cups unsweetened, plain non-dairy milk of choice (I like almond milk or oat milk)
- 1/4 cup raw blanched slivered (not sliced) almonds [or sub raw cashews]
- 4 large, soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Optional Smoothie Boosters:
- 1–2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1–2 tablespoons hemp seeds
If you have a hard time getting the blender started and you are using a powerful blender like a Vitamix, you can use the tamper to help process the strawberries. If you do not have a powerful blender just add more milk. If you do add more milk, the result will not be as creamy and thick though. Alternatively, you can allow the strawberries to sit out for about 10 minutes before processing. This will allow them to blend more easily.
You may want to soak the cashews in advance if not using a powerful blender. I find with my blender I do not need to soak. If you do soak, I recommend using boiling water for at least 2 hours and then draining just before using.
Sometimes I add 1/2 cup of frozen riced cauliflower and/or a cup of crushed ice cubes to make the milkshake thicker and more frosty.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
Keywords: Healthy Strawberry "Milkshake"