These Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Cookies take 5 minutes and they're filled with so much more nutrition than most no-bake cookies!
- 1 cup oats (I prefer quick cooking oats for texture but old fashioned whole oats work as well), use GF if desired
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup raw creamy unsalted almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter (or melted coconut oil)*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together all dry ingredients (oats, cocoa powder and salt) in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients (almond butter, maple syrup, melted vegan butter [or coconut oil] and vanilla) and stir until well incorporated.
- Use a 2 tablespoon retractable cookie scoop to form the 8 cookies. Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours to set. Enjoy straight from the freezer.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your freezer for up to three months.
You can use any nut or seed butter but I prefer the taste of almond butter here.
You can use old fashioned oats if you do not have quick cooking oats. I prefer the texture of quick cooking oats but either will work fine! You can also pulse old fashioned oats a couple of times in a blender or food processor to get a texture more similar to quick cooking oats.
*I prefer the flavor with the vegan butter over the coconut oil. If you want to avoid the coconut flavor you could use refined coconut oil.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
Keywords: easy no-bake chocolate cookies